Easy Peel Instant Pot Deviled Eggs are a perfect appetizer. With variations to make crab deviled eggs, bacon deviled eggs, deviled eggs with relish or spicy deviled eggs.
Ever since I learned how easy it is to make hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot, I’ve been meaning to share this recipe with you.
This is simply the fastest, easiest, most delicious recipe for deviled eggs. By using your Instant Pot, the eggs cook in just 5 minutes and they’ll be ready to use in 20 minutes, meaning from start to finish, these deviled eggs will be on your table in less than 30 minutes!
I use the 555 method for cooking eggs in the Instant Pot.
What is the 5-5-5 Method for Eggs?
- 5 minutes cook time
- 5 minutes natural pressure release (then quick release the remaining pressure)
- 5 minutes ice bath
It will also take about 5 minutes for the pressure to build in the pot, hence the 20 minutes total time.
How Do You Boil Eggs So They Peel Easy?
- Use your pressure cooker! It helps to steam the eggs so they peel super easy. You can see my post on how to make PERFECT hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot.
How Do You Make Instant Pot Deviled Eggs?
- Place the trivet or an egg rack in the pot and add eggs and water.
- Seal pot and cook on MANUAL high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once the time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Remove eggs from the pot and place in an ice water bath for 5 minutes.
- Peel eggs.
- Slice eggs in half and separate yolks from egg whites.
- Combine yolks with mayonnaise, dijon mustard and salt.
- Pipe or spoon yolk mixture into egg white halves.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
I used these piping bags to fill my deviled eggs. But you can also spoon the mixture into a ziploc bag, and cut the corner off to get a similar effect. Or, simply spoon the yolk mixture into the egg white halves.
How Far Ahead Can I Make Instant Pot Deviled Eggs?
- You can make deviled eggs up to 2 days before you plan to serve them.
Are Deviled Eggs Keto?
- Yes! As long as the mayonnaise you’re using is keto-friendly, these deviled eggs are keto approved.
Deviled Egg Variations:
- Bacon Deviled Eggs: Brown 2 slices of bacon, then chop it and add it to the yolk mixture before filling.
- Deviled Eggs with Relish: Add 1 Tablespoon sweet or dill relish to the yolk mixture.
- Spicy Deviled Eggs: Add 1-2 tablespoons of sriracha to the yolk mixture.
- Mayo Free Deviled Eggs: Swap out the mayonnaise for sour cream, greek yogurt or mashed avocado.
- Wasabi Deviled Eggs: Add 2 teaspoons wasabi paste to the yolk mixture, try topping them with crab, cucumber and avocado to make these “California Roll” style deviled eggs.
- Deviled Eggs with Fresh Herbs: Add tarragon, dill, or parsley to your egg mixture.
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites (Oven or Air Fryer)
- Pretzel Bites with Cheese Dip
- Toasted Ravioli
- Sausage Bites in White Wine with Creamy Mustard Dip
- Prosciutto Wrapped Avocado Appetizers
- Baked Goat Cheese Appetizer
- Filet Mignon Bites with Creamy Horseradish Sauce
Instant Pot Recipes:
Easy Instant Pot Deviled Eggs Recipe:
Instant Pot Deviled Eggs
- 1 cup water
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Paprika (for sprinkling)
- Add COLD water to the Instant Pot.
- Place the trivet or an egg rack in the pot and add the eggs.
- Place lid on pot and set to SEAL.
- Hit MANUAL high pressure and set time for 5 minutes. It will take about 5 minutes for the pressure to build then a countdown timer will begin.
- Once the time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then release any remaining pressure. Remove eggs from the pot and place in an ice water bath for 5 minutes.
- Slice the cooled eggs in half. Carefully separate all the yolks from the egg whites and add to a small mixing bowl and smash with a fork.
- Combine yolks with mayonnaise, dijon mustard, and salt.
- Add the yolk mixture to a piping bag, or a ziploc bag with its corner cut. Then, pipe the dressing mixture into the egg whites. (You can also just spoon the egg mixture into the egg whites.)
- Sprinkle paprika on the deviled eggs (if desired) and enjoy.