In search of some tasty sauces for rice bowls? I’ve got you covered with this handy guide. From creamy sauces, to spicy sauces, and more!
First thing’s first…
How Do You Make A Rice Bowl?
- Start with a base of brown rice, white rice or quinoa. I love making my grains in the Instant Pot. Here’s my recipe for Instant Pot Quinoa and Instant Pot Rice.
- Add some beans. I generally heat up a can of drained and rinsed red beans, but you could also top these bowls with instant pot black beans or instant pot chickpeas. You could even add some sliced chicken.
- Pile on the toppings – Tomatoes, olives, avocado, cheese, etc.
- Drizzle on your favorite sauce from the list below. ↓↓↓
The BEST Rice Bowl Sauces
How to make ahead & store
Many of these sauce recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a few days or even in the freezer. Simply check the individual recipes for full storing instructions and details on how to make ahead.
More sauce recipes:
- Sauces for Buddha Bowls
- Sauces for Egg Rolls
- Dipping Sauces for Rice Paper Rolls
- Sauces for Steak
- Sauces for Tacos
- Sauces for Lamb
- Sauces for Salmon
- Sauces for Pork
Healthy bowl recipes:
- Quinoa Taco Bowls
- Shrimp Sushi Bowls
- Tuna Rice Bowl
- Chicken Gyro Bowls with Quinoa
- Poke Bowls
- Salmon Sushi Bowls
- Lemon Orzo Bowls with Lamb & Tzatziki
- Shrimp Spring Roll Noodle Bowls
- Fish Taco Bowls with Mango Salsa & Avocado Cream Sauce
Did you Make Any of These Sauces for Rice Bowls?
Please leave a comment and rating below, if you loved this round up of rice bowl sauces. Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? For more great Platings & Pairings recipes, be sure to follow me on Pinterest, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
15+ Sauces for Rice Bowls: Easy Sauce Recipes
- 3/4 cup canned garbanzo beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water (plus additional as needed to thin)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (3-4 lemons)
- 1/3 cup silken tofu
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (optional)
- Rice or Quinoa
- Avocado (sliced )
- Tomatoes (chopped )
- Black olives (sliced )
- Cheddar cheese (shredded )
- Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- Sesame Seeds (for topping)
- Jalapeno Sesame Salsa (for topping)
- Add ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor, and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate until serving.
- To assemble place about 1 cup rice in bowl, drizzle on Yumm Sauce, then top with 1/2 cup beans, avocado, tomatoes, olives, cheese, cilantro and top with greek yogurt or sour cream. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.