Wondering what the best sides for venison are? Look no further! I’ve got you covered with this handy guide of the 50+ best side dishes for venison steaks, burgers & more!
When serving venison for dinner, there are 3 essentials in my book:
- An amazing sauce – like jaeger sauce or red wine sauce. Here are even MORE sauces for venison.
- Wine. Here are the best wine options.
- And, of course, some really delicious side dishes.
The BEST Sides for Venison
How to Make Ahead and Store
Many of these venison side dish recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a few days or even in the freezer. Simply check the individual recipes for full storing instructions and details on how to make ahead.
More Side Dish Recipes
- Sides for Steak
- Side Dishes for Salmon
- Sides for Duck
- Potato Side Dishes
- Sides for BBQ
- Sides for Burgers
- Sides for Ribs
Did you Make Any of These Venison Side Dishes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, if you loved this round up of sides for venison steaks. Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
What to Serve with Venison (50+ Sides)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and cut squash into ¾” half moons.
- Toss squash on a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil, maple syrup, paprika and red-pepper flakes. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Roast, tossing once, until both sides are evenly browned and squash is tender, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven and sprinkle with lemon zest. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.