Wondering what the best recipes that use egg noodles are? There are so many great options! From stroganoff, to dishes with pesto, creamy dishes, and more! Here are some of the BEST egg noodle sauces to try tonight!
Have a bag of egg noodles to use? Let’s sauce things up!
Pick one of your favorite recipes from the list below, add a couple easy pasta side dishes, and you’re guaranteed an amazing dinner!
PS – Don’t forget about the best wine with pasta options too.
The BEST Sauces for Egg Noodles
Note: Many of these sauces are photographed with pasta. But they’re equally as delicious served with egg noodles!
How to Make Ahead and Store
Many of these sauce recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a few days or even in the freezer. Simply check the individual recipes for full storing instructions and details on how to make ahead.
More Pasta Sauce Recipes
- Sauces for Ravioli
- Sauces for Mushroom Ravioli
- Sauces for Butternut Squash Ravioli
- Sauces for Tortellini
- Sauces for Gnocchi
- Sauces for Linguine
Side Dishes for Egg Noodles
- Arugula Salad
- Radicchio Salad with Olives & Parmesan
- Kale Caesar Salad
- Fennel and Chickpea Salad
- Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with Mustard & Parmesan
- More → 40+ easy pasta side dishes
Did you Make Any of These Egg Noodle Sauces?
Please leave a comment and rating below, if you loved this round up of recipes that use egg noodles. Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
15+ Recipes that Use Egg Noodles
- 2 pounds chuck roast (cubed)
- 1/3 cup flour (plus 3 Tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion (sliced)
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms (sliced)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 pound cooked (buttered and seasoned egg noodles)
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup flour, garlic powder, nutmeg, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Pat the beef dry with paper towels and add to the flour mixture in the bowl; toss to coat.
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches (don’t crowd the pan), add the beef and cook until browned on all sides. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the brandy and wine and cook, scraping the pan with a spoon, about 1 minute. Return the meat to the pot and add the beef broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until the beef is tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Transfer one cup of broth to a small bowl; add the remaining 3 tbsp. flour and whisk until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the pot. Season to taste.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, 5-7 minutes. Add the mushrooms to the meat mixture. Simmer 30 minutes longer.
- Stir in the sour cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve stroganoff over buttered noodles. Garnish with additional sour cream, plus chopped chives.