These Lamb Chops with Mint Mustard Sauce come together in 30 minutes and are perfect for a weeknight dinner, but fancy enough to highlight at the Easter dinner table.
Happy Easter! I hope you are all enjoying the holiday with brunch and limitless mimosas coffee! Every year I attempt to put on a cute spring dress for the holiday and inevitably, I always end up freezing in because it’s wet and cold in the Pacific NW in April! Hence the need to drink plenty of mimosas coffee… To keep me warm!
After all that mimosa coffee drinking, it’s good to have a quick, impressive dinner to whip up for the holiday. These lamb chops come together in less than half an hour and are a perfect spring dish to spotlight on your Easter table. The mint mustard sauce is tangy and sweet. It was SO good that it left me thinking of ways that I could use it in other dishes – On top of asparagus maybe or on chicken… But for now the focus is on these BEAUTIFUL lamb chops. They’re lightly coated in a garlic infused olive oil (takes 5 minutes on your stovetop), generously seasoned with salt and pepper and then cooked perfectly under the broiler. I like to serve the chops on the medium-rare side, but feel free to cook them to your personal preference.
Do you have any fun Easter traditions? One of my favorite things to do as a kid was color Easter eggs with those little dye packets and the wire dipper, and the white crayon that you could use to make designs. I’m sure they were beautiful! (wink wink) I also loved the egg hunts that my mom would set up – Those little plastic eggs filled with money, candy and toys hidden all over the house – In the plants, between sofa cushions, in cabinets – My brother and I were always in competition to see who could find the most. I think he always did a bit better than I did…
Here’s hoping that your holiday is filled with plenty of Reese’s peanut butter eggs, Peeps, and mimosas coffee!
- ⅔ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 12 1-inch thick lamb chops
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup mint leaves
- Take your lamb chops out of the refrigerator and allow them to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat your broiler to high.
- Place smashed garlic cloves and olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Allow to heat for 5 minutes, until oil is fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Brush your chops on both sides with the garlic oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Place on a broiler pan. Broil the chops for 5-8 minutes on each side, and let rest for up to 10 minutes, tented with foil.
- To make the sauce, add mustard, vinegar and honey to a food processor or blender. Turn it on and stream in the remaining oil and the garlic cloves. To this mixture, add your mint and process until finely chopped.
- Serve the lamb chops with mint-mustard sauce on the side.
PS – These Glazed Carrots and Mashed Potatoes make great accompaniments to the lamb chops. Or, try this Shaved Asparagus Salad with Ricotta and Pistachios.
- Cabernet with its minty undertones makes an excellent pairing for the rich lamb and reflects the flavors in the mint mustard sauce.
- Petite Sirah is another great match. With its typical flavors of plum, raspberry, blackberries, and black pepper it lends itself wonderfully to stronger flavored meats, such as lamb.