Zoodles can be enjoyed in a variety of dishes, but they are especially delicious when paired with a flavorful sauce. Here’s 10+ tasty sauces for zucchini noodles to try out!
Zucchini noodles, also known as zoodles, are a low-carb, gluten-free, and vegan alternative to traditional pasta. They are made by spiralizing zucchini into long, thin strands that resemble pasta noodles.
Here are some tips for making the best zucchini noodles:
- Use a spiralizer to create long, thin strands of zucchini. I love this KitchenAid attachment for making zoodles!
- Salt the zucchini noodles and let them sit for 10 minutes to remove excess moisture.
- Rinse the zucchini noodles under cold water and pat them dry.
- Cook the zucchini noodles by sauteeing them in a large skillet.
- Serve the zucchini noodles with your favorite sauce below.
- If you’re not strictly low carb, you can combine the zucchini noodles with regular spaghetti. You finished dish will be lower in carbs, and filled with more fiber and vitamins, than if you were eating plain pasta alone.
PS – Be sure to check out these 35+ Zoodle Recipes too!
Favorite Sauce Recipes for Zucchini Noodles
How to Make Ahead and Store
Many of these zoodle sauce recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a few days or even in the freezer. Simply check the individual recipes for full storing instructions and details on how to make ahead.
Side Dishes for Zoodles
- Arugula Salad
- Radicchio Salad with Olives & Parmesan
- Kale Caesar Salad
- Fennel and Chickpea Salad
- Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with Mustard & Parmesan
- More → 40+ easy pasta side dishes
More Pasta Sauce Recipes
- Sauces for Ravioli
- Sauces for Mushroom Ravioli
- Sauces for Butternut Squash Ravioli
- Sauces for Tortellini
- Sauces for Egg Noodles
- Sauces for Gnocchi
- Sauces for Linguine
Did you Make Any of These Zucchini Noodle Sauces?
Please leave a comment and rating below, if you loved this round up of sauces for zucchini noodles. Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
10+ Sauces for Zucchini Noodles
For Serving (optional):
- Cooked Pasta
- Grated Parmesan
- Chopped Basil
- In a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and saute about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes (with their juices), basil sprig, oregano, sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Bring the sauce to a simmer over medium-high heat. Then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and continue to simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, and using a sturdy spoon to crush the tomatoes as they cook.
- Remove and discard the basil sprig. Season with additional salt and sugar, to taste. (If you prefer a smooth sauce, you can also purée it with an immersion blender, blender or food processor until it reaches your desired consistency.)