Wondering what the best sides for filet mignon are? Look no further! I’ve got you covered with this handy guide of the 50+ best side dishes for a steak night at home.
When serving filet mignon for dinner, there are 3 essentials in my book:
- An amazing homemade steak sauce – like bearnaise or bordelaise sauce. Here are even MORE steak sauce ideas.
- Wine. Here are the best wine with steak options.
- And, of course, some really delicious side dishes.
You can never go wrong with the classics, like a caesar salad, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, or sauteed spinach. But what else should you serve with filet mignon. Keep reading to discover 50+ favorite side dishes!
What to Serve with Filet Mignon
How to Make Ahead and Store
Many of these filet mignon side dish recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a few days or even in the freezer. Simply check the individual recipes for full storing instructions and details on how to make ahead.
More Side Dish Recipes
- Sides for Steak
- Side Dishes for Salmon
- Sides for Duck
- Potato Side Dishes
- Sides for BBQ
- Sides for Burgers
- Sides for Ribs
- Sides for Beef Wellington
Favorite Filet Mignon Recipes
Did you Make Any of These Filet Mignon Side Dishes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, if you loved this round up of sides for filet mignon. Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
50+ BEST Sides for Filet Mignon
- 4 6-ounce filet mignons
For the Garlic Butter
- Combine softened butter with parsley, garlic and salt & pepper. Arrange the butter in the center of a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Roll the butter into a log. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour, or in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up. Slice the butter into equal sized slices for topping your steaks.
To Cook the Steaks
- Preheat your air fryer to 400-degrees.
- Place steaks in the air fryer basket and cook for 9-14 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Use an instant-read thermometer to check for your steak’s ideal doneness: 120-125°F for rare, 125-130°F for medium-rare, 133-140°F for medium, 145-150°F for medium-well, and 160°F for well-done.
- Transfer steaks to a plate and top with the compound butter.
Filet mignon temperature guide
- Rare: 120ºF to 125ºF
- Medium Rare: 125ºF to 130ºF
- Medium: 133ºF to 140ºF
- Medium-Well: 145ºF to 150ºF
- Well-Done: 160ºF